first post - an introduction

on 4/27/14

The possibility exists, more than ever before, that soon I will be rendered obsolete, a former tenant not only from a time but from a space which will no longer will exist. I know now is the time to anchor the constant swirl of thoughts in my head, but I'm finding it hard to know where to start. Twenty three years is a long time to be worried that you are (theoretically? conceptually?) most likely going to have to leave because "who knows how much the rent is going to go up" and "where are we going to find a new roommate this time" and "its just always so damn cold inside in the winter".......

Much like the gut renovations currently going on in parts of my building, facts, memories, and opinions can be cut, spliced, and reordered to create a coherent whole. I like to know the history of things, of how they they came to be, of how they became what they are, and this can run you around in circles. I know how quickly things can be revealed, then hidden, then forgotten. My hope is by creating this blog to share small digestible chunks of information I'll be able to begin building a coherent whole of the immense change that's gone on both outside and inside my window.  

Here we go........

Leave your comment

Search This Blog

© jennifer williams 2014